This is important! As a hard working affiliate you want to ensure that all of your links are working. I will always advise PopShops subscribers to check two things when I hear of this issue.
First, and yes I know it seems quite obvious, please verify your relationship with the merchant in question in the affiliate network. If you do not have an active relationship with the merchant in their network, your links will not function in PopShops.
Second, is have you entered all of your affiliate IDs correctly on the PopShops Settings Page? This is necessary so all of your clicks can be tracked by the networks. Most of the networks are very straightforward using a simple ID number. The two exceptions, and therefore the two most prone to errors when entered are GAN and LinkShare.
For GAN: It is only a bit tricky due to the replacing of the “K” in the ID. These directions are also available on the setting page when entering your IDs.
- Log in to Google Affiliate Network.
- In the upper right corner you will find a six digit number preceded by a K. It looks like this – K123456.
- To create your publisher ID please replace the K with 21000000000
- Your GAN publisher ID will look like this – 21000000000123456
For LinkShare: It is a bit trickier, you will need to find your encrypted code. Again this information is available on the setting page when you click to add your IDs.
LinkShare encrypts their affiliate IDs AND is case sensitive. To locate yours, you will need to get a LinkShare link that you generated from your LinkShare account. I cannot stress this enough, your LinkShare ID number is NOT YOUR affiliate ID and it will result in broken links. Also note, you may have more than one LinkShare profile. Make sure you change the profile ID drop down in the upper right-hand corner of your LinkShare account to generate the correct ID.
- Log in to LinkShare.com.
- Generate a link and grab the code
- Take a look at a the URL in the link that you have generated. For example:
- Your encrypted link ID is the 11-character alpha-numeric string that follows “click?id=”.
- Do not include the “&” in the ID. In this case the encrypted link ID is “NS2Epm6ZsJo.”
- Test your link: Go into ShopBuilder and find a LinkShare merchant that you know you have an active relationship with, click a product, then click “landing page.” If the link goes to the merchant’s site, your encrypted ID has been entered correctly!
The good news is once you have the network IDs (and LinkShare’s encrypted code) set up properly it is all set and you will not need to change or update the codes. Please do remember if you join a new network to add their ID prior to promoting any of their merchants’ links.
If you still have an issue with links after checking the two most likely culprits, then next step is to email us at email@example.com so we can investigate.